My husband and Lisa went to a Daddy-Daughter date last month and had so much fun making homemade slime! I forgot how much fun it was to make this stuff and how much fun kids have playing with it!
What a cool way to give your kids two activities in one! So simple to make and they will think your the coolest mom ever! Here is what you need:
1 teaspoon borax powder
1 1/2 cups of water, divided
1/2 cup Elmer’s glue
- Add borax powder to 1 cup of water and stir to dissolve. Set aside.
- Pour glue into a medium mixing bowl and add 1/2 cup water. Add a few drops of food coloring until the desired color.
- Stir into the mix glue solution until smooth. Pour the borax mixture into the glue mixture and watch the solids start to form.
- Stir for a few moments and then use your hands to gather the mass.
- The mixture will be very soft and wet. Keep kneading until it firms up and feels dry.
- Discard the excess liquid in the bowl. The more you knead and play with the slime the firmer it will become.
- Store in a Ziploc bag or airtight container and the slime will keep indefinitely.