Its International Sunday! Zac is at it again, broadening our food horizons! This dish doesn’t take the prettiest picture but the flavors are amazing!
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 pounds chicken, cut into pieces
2 pounds fresh spinach, rinsed and chopped
1/4 cup water
2 onions, minced
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 piece fresh ginger root, minced
1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
2 cardamom pods
2 whole cloves
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon water, if needed
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon garam marsala
6 Tablespoons sour cream
2 Tablespoons butter
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and fry the chicken pieces until browned. Set chicken aside.
- Place the spinach into a large pot with 1/4 cup of water, bring to a boil, cover the pan, and remove from heat. Allow the spinach to steam for about 10 minutes, then place into a blender, and blend until very finely chopped. Set the spinach aside.
- Place the onions, garlic and ginger into the skillet and fry over medium heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Pour in the tomatoes, ground coriander, cayenne pepper, tumeric, cardamom, cloves, and salt; stir in 1 tablespoon water, and cook. Stir occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Add milk and stir to combine. Add the chicken and bring the mixture to a simmer and then reduce heat, cover. Leave it on a low simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Stir the spinach and garam marsala into the skillet, and cook until the spinach starts to stick to the pan, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in a sour cream, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
Serve with Rice! I hope you enjoy it!!!!