You know that you need a yummy treat to watch the fireworks and nothing is better than candy popcorn!! You can make this ahead of time and be the coolest mom in town! This is easy and you can make any flavor that your family loves. My blueberry didn’t go blue and more green, I was trying to get the red, white and blue(maybe a little food coloring), but this recipe is delicious!
1 1/2 bags of cooked microwave popcorn
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 3 oz box Jello (you choose the flavor)
2 tablespoons butter
1 bottle of Marshmallow Creme
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Spray cookie sheets
- Pour popcorn into an large mixing bowl. Make sure to shake out the uncooked kernels.
- In a saucepan combine corn syrup, sugar, Jello and butter. Stir until it comes to a rolling boil Remove from heat and pour over popcorn Stir until the popcorn is completely covered.
- Spread covered popcorn evenly onto the cookie sheets. Take your marshmallow creme and evenly spread over the popcorn.
- Bake popcorn for 10 minutes rotating the popcorn half-way through the baking cycle. Remove popcorn from oven and let cool about 10 minutes, then mix the popcorn to make sure the gooey marshmallow is well corporated through the popcorn.
Note: the white popcorn was made with 4 Tablespoons of butter and a bag of marshmallows. Just like the rice crispy treats but with popcorn!
All this popcorn was gone the same day that I made it and I made 3 BATCHES!!!!