Sunday is such a great day to make a quick and easy treat for the family! This is so full of flavor that it will become your families favorite!
3 bags microwave popcorn, popped
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup salted peanuts
30 fun size Snickers, chopped
1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Pop the popcorn according to the directions and then shake out kernels that didn’t pop. Using your hands transfer the popcorn to a clean bowl.
- In a large saucepan combine butter, brown sugar, and light corn syrup until everything has melted and the mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat and add the sweetened condensed milk. Stir continuously, adding the baking soda, until completely combined. The longer you stir the firmer your caramel will be, so don’t stir too long or you will have a caramel lollipop.
- Pour caramel over the popcorn and stir until its mixed well. It will feel like its not working but keep stirring and the caramel with coat the popcorn.
- Spread popcorn out evenly on a greased cookie sheet. bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely
- Transfer to a large bowl and add peanuts, chocolate chips and Snickers.