Root Beer Float Cupcakes are a great way to celebrate summer! Featuring root beer flavored cake and root beer buttercream frosting and you can add a straw for the finishing touch!
I love summer and some flavors scream summer to me and root beer is one of them!! Yes, they do taste like Root Beer! My husband couldn’t STOP eating them.
3/4 cup butter, softened
21/2 cups cake flour
21/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
11/2 cups sugar
1 Tablespoon root beer extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
11/4 cups root beer
- Set out your eggs on the counter, so they can get to room temperature for 30 minutes. Line cupcake tin with liners.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter and sugar until fluffy. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is well mixed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg. Add root beer extract and vanilla.
- Alternately add flour mixture and root beer to the butter mixture, mix on low speed after each addition until combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner with 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes. Press on the cupcake and if it bounces back it’s done
- Let them cool completely before adding the frosting
Root Beer Float Frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup heavy cream
11/2 teaspoon Root Beer extract
4 cups Powder Sugar
Combine all ingredients and make sure to scrape the sides to incorporate the ingredients.
I took Root Beer Barrel candy and crushed them in my blender for the garnish.