11/2 sticks butter, softened
11/2 cups sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
11/2 cups buttermilk
1 package of butter cookies ( you can use a chocolate wafer, as well)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put liners in muffin tins
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Make sure to scrape the sides of your bowl, to make sure everything is mixed well.
- Add in the flour and the buttermilk, mix until the ingredients are creamy and smooth.
- Scoop a teaspoon of batter into the cupcake liners.
- Place pieces of your cookie, for the next layer, with a dollop of Nutella.
- Scoop another teaspoon of batter on top of cookie, Nutella. Smoothing it over, so you can’t see the cookie layer.
- The cupcake liners should be 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the cake bounces back to your touch and the edges are golden brown.
- Cool completely
Nutella Icing Ingredients:
2 sticks butter, softened
1 13-ounce jar of Nutella
2 Tablespoons vanilla
3 to 4 cups of powder sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and Nutella until combined. It will be thick and fluffy.
Add vanilla and heavy cream, mix well.
Slowly add in the powder sugar and continue mixing until well blended. Get it the consistency that you like.
Don’t have buttermilk? Here’s how to make the substitute
Milk (just under one cup)
1 Tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- Place a Tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup.
- Add enough milk to bring the liquid up to the one cup line.
- Let stand for five minutes. Then, use as much as your recipe call for.