We were trying to think of something that would taste delicious with ribs and all we could think about was coleslaw. We wanted to make one that tasted fresh and made you want more…..I think we came up with a great recipe!
6 cups green cabbage, shredded
2-3 cups red cabbage, shredded
1 Tablespoon celery seeds
1 cup mayonnaise
4 tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
2 teaspoon sugar
11/2 cups carrots, shredded
1 cup onion, minced
- Toss the cabbage with 1 teaspoon salt and set aside, for about an hour.
- Rinse the cabbage and pat dry with paper towels
- Combine celery seeds, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add the cabbage, carrots and onion and mix well.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- The coleslaw can be prepared, covered and chilled a day before. Before serving, add a spoonful of mayonnaise and a dash of vinegar.