This is my youngest son’s favorite dinner. While he was on his mission,a sweet lady who was taking care of my Ben,called me for this recipe to make for his birthday dinner. Its a quick recipe that has a lot of flavor! It combines creamy texture of the sauce with the crunchy top. Its great to make it ahead of time or even freeze it and bake later.
2 bunches of broccoli, cut into chunks
1(3lbs) cooked rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bones and in small pieces
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup silvered almonds
1 cup corn flakes or bread crumbs or Ritz crackers, crushed
* My family can’t agree what is the best topping but all these toppings taste fabulous!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place broccoli on the bottom of the baking dish. Spread cooked chicken on top of the broccoli.
- Combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Pour sauce onto the chicken layer and spread evenly.
- Spread you choice of topping on top
- Bake uncovered until the casserole is bubbling. About 30 minutes.