Chicken Broccoli Casserole
This is my youngest son’s favorite dinner. While he was on his mission, a sweet lady who was taking care of my Ben, called me for this recipe to make for his birthday dinner. Its a quick recipe that has a lot of flavor!
It combines creamy texture of the sauce with the crunchy top. Its great to make it ahead of time or even freeze it and bake later.
2 bunches of broccoli, cut into chunks
1(3lbs) cooked rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bones and in small pieces
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup silvered almonds
1 cup corn flakes or bread crumbs or Ritz crackers, crushed
* My family can’t agree what is the best topping but all these toppings taste fabulous!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place broccoli on the bottom of the baking dish. Spread cooked chicken on top of the broccoli.
- Combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Pour sauce onto the chicken layer and spread evenly.
- Spread you choice of topping on top
- Bake uncovered until the casserole is bubbling. About 30 minutes.