I surely love snickerdoodle cookies but even more, I love love love these cupcakes! They are perfect! I think you should try them out! I can not even describe how good they are.
Makes about 28
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, plus 1 teaspoon for dusting
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 3/4 cups sugar, plus 4 tablespoons for dusting
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Sift together both flours, baking powder, brown sugar, salt, and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
2. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until pale and
fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping
downsides of the bowl as needed. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour
mixture in, alternating with additions of milk, and beating until combined
3. Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake,
rotating tins halfway through, about 18 – 20 minutes. Transfer the cupcakes to
wire racks to cool.
4. While the cupcakes are still warm. I took the paper off the end of some refrigerated
butter and gently buttered the top of each cupcake and then dusted the top of
each with a cinnamon-sugar mix of the leftover ingredients above.
5. These do not need frosting, they are so good! They melt in your mouth!