Blackberry Lemonade Cupcakes! Indulge in these sweet and satisfying blackberry lemonade cupcakes – perfect for morning or afternoon tea with just the right amount of sweetness!
I love to bake cupcakes, in fact, I’m a little obsessed with it! Today is my roommates, my little brother’s birthday. I sure like Dan. So I decided to make up something new.
I thought it would be a little bit of an adventure, but it seemed to work out nicely. Dan had mentioned that he loved blackberries and it’s summer, and I associated lemonade with summer so here we are!
You’re probably thinking, “why does this girl have so much time on her hands?” Well, I’m a high school teacher, and what better way to spend my summer than making new cupcake recipes, so enjoy the Blackberry lemonade cupcakes!
P.S. this was a great experiment, they taste awesome!!!
1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups of cake flour
1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon of salt
2 cups of sugar
1 stick of butter
zest of 2 lemons
1/4 C. lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 C. milk
1/2 C. sour cream
zest of a lemon
1/4 C. lemon juice
1 2/3 C. powdered sugar
3 sticks of butter, softened
5-6 C. powdered sugar until
3/4 C. blackberry puree (Use a
blender to blend them, I used a magic bullet because the blend Tec didn’t get
all the blackberries chopped.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large separate bowl.
3. Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer then combine eggs, zest, lemon juice, vanilla, milk, and sour cream until smooth.
4. Stir in dry ingredients.
5. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 17-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Glaze: Combine all ingredients in a bowl (using a whisk or fork is easiest).
7. Buttercream: Beat butter until smooth. Add enough powdered sugar to make the frosting stiff, then slowly add in blackberry puree 1 Tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
8. Spoon glaze over warm cupcakes and let set.
9. When the glaze is firm, pipe frosting on top and finishes with a fresh blackberry and a lemon peel.