I guess it’s the week to talk about my son, Zac, because most of my recipes have been tied to him this week. It was Zac’s birthday at the end of March and we always let each family member pick what they want for their birthday dinner.He’s so cute because he used have funeral potatoes and the 3 layer dessert each year but this year he picked things that we could try for the blog, like the Creamed Spinach.
He’s never been a big dessert fan so I decided to try something that i though would be amazing! Anything with caramel brings me to my knees, it’s my kryptonite! I had tried to perfect this recipe one before and because it just wasn’t up to the Lou Lou Girls standards but this time, oh my, it passed the test! Your family will be kissing your feet and naming places after you!
1 (8 ounce) package whipped cream cheese
3 sticks of butter
3 cups cake flour
2 cups white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray the Bundt pan with cooking spray and a light dusting of flour.
- In a bowl, cream butter and cream cheese together until light and fluffy.
- Add both sugars slowly to the butter mixture, and make sure they are well incorporated.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating between each adding of the egg.
- Slowly add the flour while you are continually mixing. Make to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Gently tap the baking pan on the counter to remove the air bubbles.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. You can check with a toothpick to see if it’s done, the toothpick will be clean, if it is. You can cook it for an additional 10 minutes if needed.
- Remove cake from oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before removing and letting to cool completely.
- Caramel sauce: While the cake is cooling, prepare the caramel topping.
- In a large saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Cook on a medium heat and stir constantly until everything is melted and the mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce to a low heat and add the sweetened condensed milk. Continue to stir for about 5 minutes. Once it’s done pour over the cooled cake.
Thanks for stopping by!