Hey Everyone, My name is Diane Roark. I blog about recipes at Recipes For Our Daily Bread. I am so excited to have a new blog design this week which should make it much easier to find my recipes. I am also excited to be a guest blogger on Lou Lou Girls. Today, I sharing one of my favorite desserts which is this Easy Rolo Skillet Cookie. There is nothing better than a warm cookie right out of the oven. I love baking them, but I do not always have time. After discovering skillet cookies I do not bake cookies near as often as I use to. After baking a skillet cookie, I was sold on the same taste as a cookie but super simple to make. If you love cookies, but have not made a skillet cookie you are missing out. Skillet cookies are super easy to make because everything is mixed and then baked all within one skillet. It is a true “one skillet” recipe. To make most cookies, you cream the butter and sugar together with a mixer, then add in the dry ingredients. You drop individual cookies onto a cookie sheet and bake them. To make this Rolo Skillet Cookie, you do not need a mixer. You simply melt the butter and sugar in an oven safe skillet. I use my 10 inch cast iron skillet. After letting the butter and sugar cool, you stir in the dry ingredients and bake it. If you enjoy homemade cookies, but you do not like having to bake them this Rolo Skillet Cookie is for you. It is truly a super simple scrumptious dessert. To make it even more over the top, you can drizzle this Rolo Skillet Cookie with caramel and or chocolate sauce.
Rolo Skillet Cookie Ingredients
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted real butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 – 8 ounce bags of Unwrapped Rolos
- Drizzle with Chocolate and/or Caramel Sauce
Rolo Skillet Cookie Instructions
- In a large (10 inch) cast iron skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Allow this to cool down until it is just warm.
- Add 2 beaten eggs.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt with a wisk.
- Stir in the flour mixture with the butter and sugar mixture. The batter will become thick.
- I patted half the batter down in the skillet.
- Next, added the Rolos.
- Press the rest of the cookie dough on top of the Rolos.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees.